Story by Edwin Garcia / Image by Mohamed Hassan
Eli Rojas, who leads Men’s Ministries, Family Ministries and is the Ministerial director for the Chesapeake Conference, shared the following tips for starting a Men’s Ministries program at your local church:
- Pray for guidance.
- Start by nominating of an entire leadership team, not just one person with a vision.
- Once the group starts to meet, listen to feedback from members, incorporate their ideas and be patient by allowing time for the ministry to grow.
- Find ways to include prayer and Bible study to help fulfill the missing desires in men’s lives.
- Think about the many areas in which men find enrichment, and try to make ministry avenues for guys to find support for unmet needs.
- Take on a service project to improve the lives of church members or the community.